Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ponder this...

How is everyone doing on this , is it going to rain or will the sun shine kind of day?

 Today , I picked up The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and the characters in the book a.k.a writers of these letters seemed to jump off the pages for me. Just reading about each character via their correspondence opens the door to their lives and souls. I felt that I was there, back in 1946 after the German Occupation. I felt that I'm like a spy or have an inside to all their thoughts. I never knew reading old letters could be so fun and exciting and like a joy ride, but it is. I feel as if I have been invited to their book club to read and imagine what they have been through by reading their letters. 

The author, Mary Shaffer wanted her readers to take what we read and educate others on what went on during that time. She was definitely a luminary of her time.
 

Till next time... enjoy reading and hope for sunshine!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment