Monday, August 17, 2009

Dreary Mondays...

Sorry, I haven't been logged in this past weekend, but so much has happened that I can't wait to share. 
Well first, let me let you in on a hidden secret. Who would have thought that New Jersey and Pennsylvania are full of wineries. I only thought California was known for their wineries?Maybe that was me being naivete. Well, on Friday my husband and I discovered this winery in Hopewell, NJ. It's called Hopewell Winery. Many of you may have already experienced their fairy tale landscape, beautiful sunset and not to mention a great wine selection. The staff are friendly, but who wouldn't be if you're working in a winery. On Wednesdays and Fridays is pizza for only $5 and live music. Bands perform jazz, oldies but goodies, and classical tunes. It's definitely a great place to come after work if you're in the area or even if you live out of town.

 It so happens this past Friday my husband and I went and as we were eating pizza and having a glass of Chambourcin, we noticed as did others the severe undulation of the clouds, that illuminated us to their incredible shapes. So make sure you make this a priority in your planner!
 Well, on Saturday, I saw John Legend in Philly and he put on an amazing show. For all of you Legend fans you will be happy to know that he delivers and incredible performance.  He covered some Beatles, Marley and Prince and the unforgettable Michael Jackson with his own style and beat. His background light show and background singers were exceptional and unique in their own way. 
 India Arie opened for him as well as his brother.  I was amazed by how much his brother sounded just like him. India was incredible as well. Her mom even graced the stage and sang. Everyone in the crowd were awed by both mother and daughter singing together. It was the first time I saw her perform and couldn't believe how alive and soothing her music was. She has a caribbean and soulful feel. I would describe her as a female version of the late Bob Marley. If you haven't listened to her music yet, then I suggest checking her out.

Well, I realize I inundated with you so much information today. Till next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment